Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lexis' Journal Entry July 9, 2013

" Well, tonight we got the call from President Weston and Sis G is leaving to Arizona on Thursday morning.  She will still be on full mission rules and her mom will be her companion for the next 30 days.  I will be staying in Yuba City and I am being put into a trio with Sis P and Sis D.  We will be covering all of their area and all of ours.  We will attend both wards on Sunday, both ward councils and will be in a car in our area and on bikes in there's.  I cried for the first time in the field tonight (besides those couple of tears when I said goodbye to Sis G.)  I just felt overwhelmed and unsure if I could basically train them about this area by myself.  Now I'm feeling like I could do it.  I know the area, I know the ward and I know how to teach.  And I know I will be find because this is part of the Lord's plan for me.  Other than that, today was a pretty good day.  We had a lesson with one of our progressive investigators.  It went well but I don't know how receptive she is being.  I shared with her the story about mom and baby Michael because she has a son with autism and one of her concerns is him not being able to sit through church.  It seemed like she was receptive and I feel like if we are patient with Y she will come around.  We got to go to Chili's for lunch, which was really good.  Mom sent me a box of fresh organic fruit and veggies.  It was literally the BEST thing EVER!  It's exactly what I needed cause at dinners we don't ever get anything super healthy.  Except tonight we ate at the Miller's and they are way organic and fresh when it comes to food.  It was refreshing to eat something like that.  We had an awesome FHE lesson with the R family.  We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and did a fun activity talking about each thing we need to do to return our Heavenly Father.  Hopefully they come to church!
Sis Allen "

No comments:

Post a Comment